Most organizations recognize the need to proactively manage change when dealing with the pressures of today’s tough business climate. This usually leads to some level of strategic and operational planning. Some have tried – with limited success – to develop their own plans and keep them relevant. Others have hired outside resources, only to experience the frustration of trying to get their employees to buy in to a consultant’s view of their world. Many agree that keeping their teams’ focus, energy and commitment on the right things at the right time is easier said than done.
One survey* of 23,000 employees in various industries and positions substantiates this concern. Consider the findings:
- 37 percent said they have a clear understanding of what their organization is trying to achieve and why
- 20 percent was enthusiastic about their team’s and organization’s goals
- 20 percent said they have a clear “line of sight” between their tasks and their team’s goals
- 15 percent felt their organization fully enables them to execute key goals
- 10 percent felt their organization holds people accountable for results
Clearly, the negative impact of these statistics on both financial and human resources is significant. In strong economic times, these impacts can often be hidden. Today their impact will be obvious, and for some devastating.
What would the numbers look like in your organization? Good question… tough to answer. Whatever the answer, chances are your success would accelerate with improvement. Ascend Strategies’ unique blend of training, planning, teambuilding and consulting will get your team aligned, focused, committed and accountable.
Click here for a survey to find out if Ascend Strategies can help your organization.
* See Stephen R. Covey’s book, The 8th Habit, page 2-3